ISO 45001 stands for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. ISO 45001 was published on 12 March 2018 replaced by OHSAS 18001 by the International Organization for Standardization. ISO 45001:2018 is an international standard that provides a structure to manage risks and opportunities and to help work-related health ill and injury to workers for an organization. ISO 45001:2018 has converted one of the most awaited standards in the world and is set to advance levels of workplace safety.
ISO 45001 certification was improved to moderate any circumstances that can affect workers/employees and companies irretrievable harm. ISO 45001 standards are the result of a large effort by a board of health and safety management experts who looked constantly at a number of different ways to system management including ISO 14001 Certification and ISO 9001 Certification. In extension, ISO 45001 was invented to take other existing occupational health and safety standards, such as OHSAS 18001, into account — as well as the ILO’s labor standards, rules, and safety guidelines. Obtaining ISO 45001 confirms that your organization concerns between those companies that take care of its employees’ health and safety. This can bring better relationships with the public, customers, and the community.
Also, check ——>> ISO 45001 Certification In UAE
BENEFITS OF ISO 45001
- Ensuring workers take an effective role in OH&S matters
- Decrease the long-term costs of incidents.
- Allows a better description of hazards and risk.
- Decrease workplace illness and damage and enhances productivity. Reduces fear of accidents while performing work freely.
- Establishes an atmosphere of high-grade industrial practices.
- Systematic compliance to requirements laid by controls, the public, and other involved parties. Highlighted being proactive about OH&S and continual improvement.
- Decreases the cost of insurance premiums of the company.
- ISO 45001 offers the company to get highlighted as an elite class of industry and internationally recognized.
- ISO 45001 sets the company on a level of perfection facing other non-certified organizations.
- Improves employee self-confidence, reduced insurance costs, reduced liabilities and welfare of others
- Enhances compliance mechanism to all current legislative framework and other subscribed regulations
- Develops a level for reducing insurance premiums and constant explanation of due attention to the market.
- Locate your business as an industry.
- Enhance the security of all persons all employees who are affected by the company.
- Boost your ROI (Return On Investment).
- Improve your brand image and productivity.
- Better & systematic identification of occupational health & safety hazards and risk.
- Enhanced safety assurance of all people associated with the organization
- Includes monitoring and measurement of key performance indicators for OH&S. This not only draws management’s attention but also keeps generating data based on which the objectives can be framed and compared on a continuous basis.
- Internal auditing becomes mandatory and continuously keeps a check of deviating conditions.
- Transforms OH&S from re-activeness to pro-activeness
- Many other benefits are drawn based on how the organization strategizes the usage of ISO 45001.
WHY SHOULD YOU OBTAIN ISO 45001 CERTIFICATION IN YOUR ORGANIZATION?
- ISO 45001 Improve your image and credibility.
- Use evidence-based decision making.
- Create a culture of continual improvement.
- Improve cost control.
- Engage your people.
- Enhanced leadership involvement and worker participation in the OH&SMS.
Requirements For ISO 45001
- The scope of the OHSAS management system
- OHSAS Policy
- Responsibilities and authorities within OH&SMS
- OHSAS process for discussing risks and opportunities
- Methodology and criteria for the assessment of OH&S risks
- OH&S objectives and plans for achieving them
- Emergency preparedness and response process
- OH&S risks and opportunities and actions for addressing them
- Legal and other requirements.
- Evidence of competence.
- Evidence of communications.
- Plans for answering to potentially critical situations.
- Results on monitoring, analysis, measurements, and performance evaluation.
- Maintenance, calibration or verification of monitoring equipment
- Compliance evaluation results.
- Internal audit program.
- Internal audit report.
- Results of management review.
- Nature of disturbances or nonconformities and any consequent action is taken.
- Evidence of the results of constant improvement.
HOW TO GET ISO 45001 CERTIFIED
To make the ISO 45001 Certification process simple. You should hire a consultant when a consultant received your application they will guide you and your business through the following steps.
- Gap analysis
- Formal assessment
- Internal Audit
- External Audit
- ISO 45001 Plan & how to get Certified
- Certification and beyond
The companies/Organization which are certified to OHSAS 18001 they need to transfer to ISO 45001 to preserve the validity of the certification. There is the 3 year migration period so there is still time you can plan and move over to ISO 45001 certification.