ISO 9001 was first announced in 1987 by the International Organization for Standardization. the newest standard was published in 2015. ISO 9001:2015 Is based on the Quality Management System (QMS) A quality management system is a set of policies, processes, and procedures required for planning and fulfilling (production /development/ service) in the focus business sector of an organization (the areas that can affect the organization’s capacity to meet customer demands).
ISO 9001 comes with Constant improvement that ensures your consumers benefit by receiving products/services that meet their requirements, and that you deliver consistent performance. Privately, the company will avail benefit from enhanced job fulfillment, improved confidence, and improved operational outcomes (decreased scrap and increased efficiency).
ISO 9001 is an example of a Quality Management System. ISO 9001 will help your organization to improve the quality process and performance of your product & services. ISO 9001 delivers you the ability to stand out with your opponents & Instant growth in Profitable margin. An ISO 9001 certification can improve an organization’s reliability as it shows customers that the organization’s products and services meet quality expectations. there are some situations where an ISO 9001 certification is needed or legally mandated for businesses/Companies in some industries.
Seven Basic Principles of ISO 9001
- Customer focus
- The Process approach
- Leadership Importance of top management
- Relationship Management
- Engagement of People
- Evidence-based decision making
Also, check ——>> ISO 9001 Certification In India
Benefits OF ISO 9001
- ISO 9001 helps to reduce your costs.
- Product and services meet the International Standard of Quality.
- Improves your quality and services.
- Certification joins the reliability of international stature, against other organizations that do not describe such third-party approvals.
- Increases marketing opportunities.
- Enhance your product & service quality to approach increased customer satisfaction.
- Foresee risks and opportunities. Prepare yourself systematically, in advance for it.
- Product quality is promoted to meet Quality Management system requirements.
- Conveys a positive message to employees and your customers.
- Mandates continuous monitoring & measurement of the processes that prevent unintended derailments.
- Customers and shareholders have confidence & trust in you.
- Increases your efficiency and revenue.
- Makes a strong relationship with your supplier.
- It creates an image as an authority on the quality management process.
- Increases income and financial performance.
- It helps to build relevant systems to control manpower orderly and monitor their performances.
Requirements Of ISO 9001
- Monitoring and measuring equipment calibration records
- Records of training, skills, experience, and qualifications
- Product/service requirements review records
- Record about design and development outputs review
- Record about design and development inputs
- Records of design and development controls
- Records of design and development outputs
- Design and development changes records
- Characteristics of the product to be produced and service to be provided
- Records about customer property
- Production/service provision change control records
- Record of conformity of product/service with acceptance criteria
- Record of nonconforming outputs
- Monitoring measurement results
- Internal audit program
- Results of internal audits
- Results of the management review
- Results of corrective actions
- Procedure for determining the context of the organization and interested parties
- Procedure for addressing risks and opportunities
- Procedure for competence, training, and awareness
- Procedure for equipment maintenance and measuring equipment
- Procedure for document and record control
- Sales procedure
- Procedure for design and development
- Procedure for production and service provision
- Warehousing procedure
- Procedure for management of nonconformities and corrective actions
- Procedure for monitoring customer satisfaction
- Procedure for internal audit
- Procedure for management review
WHO CAN APPLY ISO 9001
ISO 9001 Certification can be applied by any Companies of all sizes, and in all industries, be they individual, not-for-profit or national. ISO 9001 has been obtained by over one million organizations across 170 countries globally. ISO 9001 achieved, to its full potential, becomes a valuable asset to your organization.
Also, check ——>> ISO 9001 Consultant In Mumbai
How To Get ISO 9001 Certified
To make the ISO 9001 Certification process simple. You should hire a consultant when a consultant received your application they will guide you and your business through the following steps.
- Gap analysis
- Formal assessment
- Internal Audit
- External Audit
- ISO 9001 Certification Plan & how to get Certified
- Certification and beyond