ISO is everywhere, ISO is an independent non-governmental organization and the world’s largest developer of international standards. International standards make things work. They give world-class specifications for your system, services, and products to ensure quality, safety, and efficiency. They are helpful in promoting international trade. There are many more different ISO standards and sometimes it’s difficult to understand which one is the most important and suitable standard for your organization or business. Some standards are universal and can be applied by any organization whether it’s small or big. ISO can be applied by any Companies of all sizes big-small and in all industries such as enterprises, retailers, manufacturers, suppliers, packagers, processors, growers, transporters, planning, production, supply, distribution, storage, installation, controlling, monitoring, maintain and even retailers and restaurants.
If you are not ISO certified in any standard and If you looking for ISO Certification, Here are the top 5 most Important ISO standards currently in place:
1. ISO 9001
ISO 9001 is the most important and popular standard. ISO 9001 Is based on the Quality Management System (QMS) ISO 9001:2015 comes with Constant improvement that ensures your consumers benefit by receiving products/services that meet their requirements, and that you deliver consistent performance. ISO 9001 will help your organization to improve the quality process and performance of your product & services. ISO 9001 gives you the capability to stand out with your competitors & immediate growth in Profitable margin.
Benefits Of Being ISO 9001 Certified
- Reduce Waste and Improve Efficiency.
- It helps to reduce your costs.
- Improves your quality and services.
- makes a strong relationship with your supplier.
- Increases income and financial performance.
- Boost staff performance and overall productivity.
Also, check ——>> ISO Consultant in Sri Lanka
2. ISO 22000
The ISO 22000 was announced in 2005 by the International Organization for Standardization. ISO 22000:2018 focuses on Food Safety Management System (FSMS). It can apply to any organization of a food chain system.
By obtaining an ISO 22000 certificate you can show your customer that your company has a food safety management system certified. Your food is harmless for health, your food ingredients, and food packaging which supply from a supplier are protected. ISO 22000 has been compared with ISO 9001 in order to enhance the unity of the two standards. The ISO 22000 Certificate instructs correctly what is important to be in a Food Safety Management System. That makes assured the food is stored protected in the entire course food supply chain, right up until when the food is eaten.
Benefits Of Being ISO 22000 Certified
- Gives the capability to enhance your food chain process.
- Engage customers and make a successful organization.
- Protect food safety from hazardous.
- Legally upgrade your documentation.
- Keeps food safety in well mannered during an emergency.
- It makes a better relationship between shareholders and customers.
- Promotes international trade.
- Promote your documentation legally.
- Boost possible economic growth and development.
- Enhance your business globally and increase profit.
- Improved business opportunities.
3. ISO 14001
ISO 14001 was first announced in 1996 by the International Organization for Standardization. ISO 14001:2015 based on the Environmental Management System (EMS). An environmental management system helps organizations manage, control, recognize, and monitor, their environmental problems in a “comprehensive” manner. ISO 14001 helps to regulate, monitor and develop environmental management. ISO 14001:2015 describes the criteria as the environmental management system. Any company can apply this certificate.
Benefits Of Being ISO 14001 Certified
- Manages environmental risks.
- Saves your cost in waste by recycling and consumption.
- Expands employee involvement while working on an ECO-friendly organization.
- Stakeholder’s confidence is gained.
- increase leadership engagement and involvement of employees.
- The environmental performance of suppliers is improved.
- Decreases waste.
4. ISO 27001
The ISO 27001 was announced in 1995 by BSI Group, ISO 27001 relates to Information Security Management System (ISMS). Applying this family standard will help you to enhance security and protect the assets, the organization maintains the safety of assets such as intellectual property, commercial information, employee details or information entrusted to you by third parties.
Benefits Of Being ISO 14001 Certified
- Preserves assets of your company.
- Protects the goodwill and security of your company.
- A contentious benefit protecting other companies.
- Catalogs maintain and decrease the risks.
- A lower expense due to risk evaluation.
- Divine risks in the company.
- It provides a secure exchange of data.
- Built maintenance and handle programs in the company.
5. ISO 50001
The ISO 50001 focuses on Energy Management System (EnMS). It was published in June 2011 by the International Organization for Standardization, ISO 50001 Certification defines the requirements for maintaining, establishing, implementing and improving the energy management system, whose goal is to helps the organization in energy performance, energy security, energy efficiency, and energy consumption. ISO 50001 Standard also focus to reduce the energy use, energy cost and greenhouse gas emissions of the organization.
Benefits Of Being ISO 50001 Certified
- Reduce energy usage costs.
- It allows organizations to maintain their energy consumption, which reduces energy bills by increasing company savings.
- It helps in controlling greenhouse gases.
- Continually improve in energy management.
- Avoid energy hazards.
- Allows every employee to be aware of their role in Energy Management.
- Improves operational performance and cost reductions in all sections.
- The presence of a healthy and safe environment.
Also, check ——>> ISO Certification in Sri Lanka
How To Get ISO Certified
To make the ISO Certification process simple. You should hire a consultant when a consultant received your application they will guide you and your business through the following steps.
- Gap analysis
- Formal assessment
- Internal Audit
- External Audit
- ISO Plan & how to get Certified
- Certification and beyond
It’s also important to keep an eye out for updates because the standards are constantly being changed in order to account for government laws and regulations, social attitudes, and technology.