The BIFMA certification is built for the examination of Institutional furniture. BIFMA stands for Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer’s Association, BIFMA was published in 1973, BIFMA is generally involved in developing, designing and marketing of office and institutional furniture products.
BIFMA standard builds measurable criteria for various levels of performance and achievement for manufacturers at several stages of their sustainability tour. Manufacturers that obtain level certification describe to the marketplace that their products, manufacturing departments, and firm policies have met valid third-party sustainability demands. BIFMA certification sponsors the improvement of safety and production standards, which gives the industry statistics and budgets, advocates for an administrative situation that foster value and change, assists as a forum for member teamwork and collaboration.
Scope Of BIFMA
- The standard demands the organizations to meet multiple levels of performance
- It is applicable to all types of business irrespective of their size, shape, turnover, etc such as Tables:
- Desking system.
- Seating and accessories.
- Movable walls.
- System furniture and much more without limitations.
- It is also applicable to raw materials manufactured used in the manufacturing of furniture
Also, check ——>> BIFMA Certification in Mumbai
What BIFMA Standards Include
There are many things that BIFMA addresses when deciding whether to certify office furniture. These include:
- Sustainability and social responsibility
- Durability and strength
- Recyclability and recycled content
- Chemical content and emissions
- Overall quality
- Flammability and electrical components
- Material and energy efficiency
- Environmentally-conscious design
- Waste and water management
Benefits Of BIFMA Certification
- BIFMA certification Guarantees clients and stakeholders that your certified products are industry-leading social, environmental and industrial standards.
- It helps your internal sustainable management objectives.
- BIFMA products enhance a healthful work environment, which can boost productivity and reduce work-related injuries.
- Establishes your management credentials in the office furniture industry.
- Establishes a path for constant improvement.
- It helps you meet state and federal procurement necessities.
- Most BIFMA certified products carry a warranty of 5 years or longer.
- BIFMA certificate provides assurance and preference to your customers and stakeholders on the economic, social and environmental standards of the products.
- Your product is certified to meet the International standard of furniture product quality maintenance and development.
- The peace of mind you know you have purchased a high-quality and carefully tested product.
- There is an ongoing improvement in your organization.
- Supports your internal sustainable objectives.
- Customers and shareholders have confidence & trust in you.
- Anticipate risks and opportunities.
- Prepare yourself orderly, in progress for it.
- Product quality is improved to meet BIFMA requirements.
- Mandates continuous monitoring & measurement of the processes that prevent unintended derailments.
- BIFMA certification ensures a durable and long-lasting product that will last many years.
Also, check ——>> BIFMA Consultant in Mumbai
How To Get BIFMA Certification
To make the BIFMA Certification process simple. You should hire a consultant when a consultant received your application they will guide you and your business through the following steps.
- Gap analysis
- Formal assessment
- Internal Audit
- External Audit
- BIFMA Plan & how to get Certified
- Certification and beyond