ISO 9001 focuses on Quality Management System. A quality management system is a set of policies, processes, and procedures required for planning and fulfilling (production /development/ service) in the focus business sector of an organization (the areas that can affect the organization’s capacity to meet customer demands). ISO 9001 can be applied by any of the organization whether it’s large or small; ISO 9001:2015 is certified by over one million companies and organizations in 170 countries.
ISO 9001 is established on quality management principles which include motivation, powerful customer focus, and engagement of top management, the process method, and constant improvement. These principles are described in more detail in the pdf Quality Management Principles. Using ISO 9001 helps to assure that consumers get constant, good quality products and services, which in change brings numerous business advantages. ISO 9001 is an example of a Quality Management System. ISO 9001 will help your organization to improve the quality process and performance of your product & services. ISO 9001 gives you the capacity to stand out with your competitor’s and immediate extension in Profitable margin. An ISO 9001 certification can improve an organization’s reliability as it shows customers that the organization’s products and services meet quality expectations. There are some situations where an ISO 9001 certification is needed or lawfully mandated for businesses/Companies in some industries.
Also, check ——>> ISO 9001 certification in Sri Lanka
Achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification determines that an organization has described the following:
- Follows the guidelines of the ISO 9001 standard
- Fulfills its own requirements
- Meets consumer requirements and legal and managerial requirements
- Maintains documentation
By implementing ISO 9001 it can improve the credibility of the organization by showing consumers that it’s Product and services satisfy the expectations. In some industries or some situations, certification is required or lawfully mandated.
Basic principles of ISO 9001
- Customer focus
- The Process approach
- Leadership Importance of top management
- Relationship Management
- Engagement of People
- Evidence-based decision making
Benefits of ISO 9001
- Continually improve their processes
- Save costs
- It helps to reduce your costs.
- Product and services meet the International Standard of Quality.
- Improves your quality and services.
- Create satisfied customers, management, and employees
- Certification joins the reliability of international stature, against other organizations that do not describe such third-party approvals.
- Increases marketing opportunities.
- Enhance your product & service quality to approach increased customer satisfaction.
- Mandates continuous monitoring & measurement of the processes that prevent unintended derailments.
- Customers and shareholders have confidence & trust in you.
- Increases your efficiency and revenue.
- Makes a strong relationship with your supplier.
- It creates an image as an authority on the quality management process.
- Increases income and financial performance.
- It helps to build relevant systems to control manpower orderly and monitor their performances.
Documents and requirements for ISO 9001
The certification process involves fulfilling the requirements of ISO 9001 and then developing a successful registrar’s audit verifying the organization meets those requirements.
- Monitoring and measuring equipment calibration records
- Records of training, skills, experience, and qualifications
- Product/service requirements review records
- Record about design and development outputs review
- Record about design and development inputs
- Records of design and development controls
- Records of design and development outputs
- Design and development changes records
- Characteristics of the product to be produced and service to be provided
- Records about customer property
- Production/service provision change control records
- Record of conformity of product/service with acceptance criteria
- Record of nonconforming outputs
- Monitoring measurement results
- Internal audit program
- Results of internal audits
- Results of the management review
- Results of corrective actions
Also, check ——>> ISO 9001 consultant in Sri Lanka
How to get ISO 9001 certified
To make the ISO 9001 Certification process simple. You should hire a consultant when a consultant received your application they will guide you and your business through the following steps.
- Gap analysis
- Formal assessment
- Internal Audit
- External Audit
- ISO 9001 Certification Plan & how to get Certified
- Certification and beyond