HACCP Certification is the abstract of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point helps in determining the risk or hazards in the food safety throughout the supply chain. HACCP Plan is an internationally accepted plan to recognize a risk-based system. This helps in managing the manufacturing process,0 preparation, packaging, distribution of the food. This system is designed to prevent, control, monitor, reduce or eliminate the risk of hazards (microbial, chemical, or physical) from raw material to finished products. Certification to HACCP helps the business to reduce the risk of producing unsafe productions and bring transparency in the process.
HACCP plan is the preventive process to produce safe products. The HACCP is a system ensuring CCPs are in the streamline with the standard guidelines. Adoption of the HACCP Plan helps in analyzing and formulating the CL (Critical Limits) for each product as per their standard requirements. HACCP management team helps in coping with the errors or the new dangers arising in the process and production of the food pathogens and poisoning due to changes in the habit of production or consumption.
BENEFITS OF HACCP CERTIFICATION
Better execution of the HACCP plan helps in better results for the organization in terms of monetary. It helps in achieving several benefits to the organization as well as to others in the process. The main benefits of HACCP are:
Saves your business in the long run in the market
Avoids food damage and recalls
Food Safety Management System gets into streamline
Ensures compliance by the law
Food poisoning decreases
Organizes the Critical Limits at an earlier stage
Organizes the teamwork in the organization
Due diligence in the court
Other Benefits are:
- Long term cost savings
- ensure increased business profitability
- Cuts all risks of health hazards
- Increases the food safety practices
- Helps build efficiency within the workplace
- HACCP records are a legitimate if worst cases
- HACCP procedures combine with other types of systems in food businesses
Also check –> HACCP Certification
REQUIREMENTS OF HACCP CERTIFICATION
HACCP follows the procedures based on the Principles of HACCP to identify and control any hazards that could pose a danger to the preparation of safe food. It helps you to:
- Identify what can go wrong?
- Identify what actions to implement corrective plans?
- How to ensure the corrective actions?
- What records or documentation are required?
Answering these questions helps in complying with the requirement of the HACCP Plan.
- Conduct Product testing if any hazard or risk involved
- Scrutiny of requirements as per the compliance of the standard
- Application for certificate for achieving HACCP Certification
- Carry out inspection all CPPs are verified
- Evaluation of the product
- Verify product safety and quality for usage by customers
- Take enforcement actions (if any required)
- Make quality enhancement (if need arises)
- Conduct Internal audit
- Testing of products and safety by the third party
- Closure of observations
- Evaluation of the product
The requirements are based on Seven Principles of HACCP.
WHAT DOCUMENTS AND TERMS ARE NEEDED TO ESTIMATE COST FOR A HACCP CERTIFICATION?
The initial step to ensure HACCP Certification is to precisely identify the risk and hazards involved in the food products (if any). To comply with the guidelines of the standard an organization need to keep certain documentation and records of data as required:
- Name of the product
- Brief description of the product
- Ingredients use in the process
- Nutritional value Chart (Per 100gm)
- Manufacturing and Expiry date
- Storage conditions
- Manufacturer details
Also Check –> HACCP Certification in Sri Lanka
HACCP CERTIFICATION PROCESS
To make the HACCP Certification process simple and quick. Hiring a consultant will guide you and your business through the following steps to achieve HACCP Certification by providing
1. Gap Analysis
4. Documentation & Test Report
5. Process Audit
6. External Audit
7. Certification and beyond