The International organization for Standardization (ISO) is a global body that publishes the standards for the smooth functioning of the Organizations with the accomplishment of the rules and regulations. In today’s digital world, more and more emphasis is being placed on technology information. For this, the main focus is placed on the development of the framework of the ISO 27001 standard.
ISO 27001 was first published in the year 2005, with periodic amendments to the policies, ISO 27001:2013 is the most current version of the standard with the incorporated changes made in it. In the particular, the ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) manages the policies, data, and relevant process to keep the data and crucial information safe and controlled.ISO 27001 does not make the method or tool to frame the security of the information rather than acts as a checklist of the standard checklist. In the below article we will study how ISO 270001 drives value to your organization.
The main motive of ISO 27001 is to outline the framework of the standard on how to manage their data and information safe from any kind of manipulation and theft. Risk management is the key element of ISO 27001, ensuring that the organization keeps the data integrity securely by identifying the threat and weaknesses of the organization. ISMS serves as the guidelines for addressing people and processes as well as technology. ISO 27001 adopts an approach to establish, maintain, operate, implement and improve your continually ISMS. Implementing ISO 27001 is the best part to keep all the records, information of the clients, customers, and stakeholders safe from any cybercrime, hacks, manipulation, theft, etc.
ISO 27001 Certification benefits
- Protects your data (Information, digital, hard copy, and cloud).
- Increases attack resilience.
- Reduction in Information security cost.
- Constantly adapt to changes (internal/External).
- Ensuring staff understanding of risks and embrace security.
- Commitment to data security.
- Provides a valuable credential.
- Achieve tender for new business.
- Avoid financial security.
- Avoid loss breach of information.
- Competitive Edge.
- Enhances reputation.
- Comply with regulatory compliance.
Also, check ——>> ISO 27001 consultant in Sri Lanka
How to achieve ISO 27001 conformity?
- Scoping the project to attain ISO 27001 Certification;
- Securing management commitment and budget as per the scope of the organization;
- Identifying interested parties, and legal, and regulatory;
- Conducting a risk assessment involved in the process of ISO 27001;
- Reviewing and implementing the required controls to keep the security and information safe;
- Developing internal competition among the co-workers to manage the project;
- Developing the appropriate documentation required for the compliance of ISO 27001;
- Conducting staff awareness training in the organization;
- Reporting (e.g. the Statement of Applicability and risk treatment plan) to the top level;
- Continually measuring, monitoring, reviewing, and auditing the ISMS for the advancement of technology and techniques; and
- Implementing the necessary preventive actions (if required).
How to maintain ISO 27001 Compliance?
- Conducting regular Internal Audit.
- Holding training facilities to educate new technology to the employees.
- Conduct yearly risk assessment
Earning an initial ISO 27001 Certification is the initial step towards ISO 27001 Compliance. Maintaining high standards to built employees’ trust and provide due diligence helps in remaining compliant with the standard. If the new employees join a company, the organization should hold quarterly training sessions so that all members understand the ISMS and how it is used.
ISO 27001 Certification Process
To make the ISO 27001 Certification process simple. You should hire a consultant when a consultant received your application they will guide you and your business through the following steps.
- Gap analysis
- Formal assessment
- Internal Audit
- External Audit
- ISO 27001 Plan & how to get Certified
- Certification and beyond