Companies in the past few years have been brought down to their knees because they have not taken the right measures to secure, maintain their clients’ valuable information. Understanding the most important assets of your company is a must for evaluating. Many companies work on databases and their main assets are the clients’ information. For instance, securing the Information is a crucial point as they are paid for it. Having your data and information protected is vital for your company and this is where ISO 27001 Certification comes in. An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a systematic approach to manage risks of manipulation of information and adopt ways to establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain, and improve information security.
When you have such a standard implemented in your organization, you can rest assured that your data will be protected from any possible security threat. For this, the management comes with new technologies and techniques to safeguard the data of your employees. These changes in the system and the certification too would give a lot of confidence to employees, clients, and possible customers. With an information security management system, there is no doubt that the company will progress in all terms, whether it can be socially or globally or in monetary through the industry ranks in the market. Such a certification in India is a must in many companies that handle the vital data of their foreign clients and others. Gaining ISO 27001 Certification helps your organization to enjoy several benefits in the long run.
Also Check —->> ISO 27001 Certification in India
Requirements of ISO 27001 Certification
To obtain ISO 27001 Information Security Management System needs to follow certain requirements.
The following mandatory documentation is explicitly required for obtaining Certification:
- Describe the ISMS scope (as per clause 4.3) of an organization
- Develop Information security policy (clause 5.2)
- Develop Information risk assessment process (clause 6.1.2)
- Develop Information risk treatment process (clause 6.1.3)
- Identify Information security objectives (clause 6.2)
- Proof of the competence of the people working in information security (clause 7.2)
- Maintain other ISMS-related documents deemed necessary (clause 7.5.1b)
- Operational planning and control documents for securing the information(clause 8.1)
- Evaluating results of the [information] risk assessments done (clause 8.2)
- Implementing decisions regarding [information] risk treatment for risk assessment done (clause 8.3)
- Evidence of the monitoring, maintaining, and measurement of information security in an organization (clause 9.1)
- Conducting regular ISMS internal audit program and the results of audits conducted (clause 9.2)
- Evidence of top management reviews of the ISMS (clause 9.3)
- Evidence of nonconformities identified and corrective actions implemented (clause 10.1)
Apart from these mandatory requirement an organization needs to fulfill the basic requirements of the standard ISO 27001.
- Context of the organization – understanding internal and external the issues of an organization.
- Leadership – defining and determining the involvement of top management responsibilities to set policies and procedures for the compliance of ISO 27001 certification.
- Planning – Identify risk (manipulation, theft, cybercrime) and assess risk for risk treatments.
- Support – the top management should prove necessary resources to maintain the resources (information), proper documentation.
- Operation – defines the implementation of risk assessment as per planned procedure and policies.
- Performance evaluation – evaluate management review and performance.
- Improvement – defines requirements for continual improvement in the process and reduce nonconformities.
ISO 27001 CERTIFICATION PROCESS
To make the ISO 27001 Certification process simple and quick. Hiring a consultant will guide you and your business through the following steps to achieve ISO 27001 Certification by providing
- Gap Analysis Training
- Documentation & Test Report
- Process Audit
- External Audit
- Certification and beyond