ISO 22000 is an internationally recognized and accepted standard for the concern of food safety that combines the approach of ISO 9001 and HACCP. Food safety is a global concern. So, ISO and its member countries used the Quality Management System approach and tailored it to apply to Food Safety, incorporating HACCP principles. This standard was formulated for the assurance of food safety at all levels from fork to plate to harmonize on a global scale of requirements for food safety management for businesses within the food chain. The standard maps out how an organization can demonstrate and implement its ability to control safety hazards to ensure that food is safe for use and consumption for the end-user.
ISO 22000 Certification is intended for any organization seeking to establish focussed, coherent and integrated FSMS to help the consumer to gain quality food determined by law. The standard requires meeting any applicability of food safety along with related statutory and regulatory criteria into its food safety system by the local authority.
Food Safety Management System is a revamp of the quality functioning of the management system. The standard covers the key components of the standard for ensuring food safety including interactive communication in an organization, system management internally, implementation of pre-requisite programs, and the continual review for the continual improvement of the system in an organization’s supply chain.
The standard covers the key components including interactive food safety communication among the manpower of the organization, system management, implementation of pre-requisite programs, and the continual review and improvement of the system.
Also Check —->> ISO 22000 Certification in India
Key Elements of ISO 22000 Certification
- Food safety is not a one-handed program. This ISO 22000:2018 is the involvement from top-level management as well as employees to team up the work to improve the management system.
- Communication is the key element of ISO 22000 Certification to avoid misunderstanding and risks involved.
- The Hazard Analysis determines a strategy to set up an action plan for any critical points.
- Maintaining the programs of permanent food safety and reduce the risk in the process and procedure.
- The objective must be designed to be measurable, specific, realistic and, time-based.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification
- Improved management
- Assurances on quality and reliability
- Better utilization of resources
- Systematic management of prerequisite programs
- Better planning for taking decisions
- Improved reputation and brand
- Decrease costs from withdrawals
- Valid basis for reducing duplication
- Development of a food safety management system
- Establishing a traceability system to evaluate the performance of the FSMS
- Reduce food safety breach
- Setting industry benchmarks for sourcing suppliers
- Standard speaks volumes
At the point when food-safety practices come up short, hazardous and regularly incredibly costly outcomes may result in treating negatively towards a decline in the market. Forestalling potential issues before they occur. So ISO 22000:2018 has come up with:
- Simpler integration: Alignment with the Higher Level Structure (HLS) making ISO 22000:2018 to an existing ISO-based management system far simpler.
- Easier to understand: Additional clarity by redefining concepts such as PRP and PRP to enable a simpler understanding and implementation.
- Greater alignment with Codex HACCP: The requirements of ISO 220000 Food Safety Management System now closely follow the Codex steps to develop the HACCP Plan.
- Clarification of PDCA: organizations can ensure processes are adequately resourced and managed for improvement in the food safety management system.
ISO 22000 CERTIFICATION PROCESS
To make the ISO 22000 Certification process simple and quick. Hiring a consultant will guide you and your business through the following steps to achieve ISO 22000 Certification by providing.
- Gap Analysis Training
- Documentation & Test Report
- Process Audit
- External Audit
- Certification and beyond