ISO 14001 is the gold standard when it comes to organization/Industry by demonstrating a commitment to environmental management for sustainable future growth. This ISO 14001 Standard was developed by the technical experts at the International Organization for Standardization. ISO 14001 lays out the groundwork for an organization for an effective and efficient Environmental Management System (EMS). Over some time organizations have accepted an ISO 14001 certificate, with some steps toward the world’s greenest businesses touting and believe to save the environment by using the environmental resources sustainably. ISO 14001 certification acts as part of their sustainability accomplishments towards nature and/or choosing to do business only with other certified suppliers to promote the need to acquire ISO 14001 Certification.
If you are reading this article it means that you are interested in learning how to get ISO 14001 certified and enjoy the benefits, requirements, and processes that need to be followed for ISO 14001 Certification. This article will put you on the right path and direction for achieving ISO 14001 Certification for your organization.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long-term environmental impacts to an organization and the environment by an organization. By completing ISO 14001 certification your organization system meets international industry-specific environmental standards. It also drives your Organization to evaluate how you manage emergency response, customer expectations, stakeholders, and your other corporate relationships with your local community.
Also, Check —->> ISO 14001 Certification in Sri Lanka
ISO 14001:2015 covers these 10 major areas based on the latest revision of the standard.
- Broadness in EMS coverage and scope
- Establish interactions with external parties
- New requirements for leadership engagement
- Expanded legal compliance requirements with the local regulations
- Determine the need for risk-based planning and controls
- New documentation requirements for implementation
- Expansion in operational control requirements
- New Changes incompetence and awareness requirements
- Impacts on the internal audit program and audit
- Increased certification costs after update of new version
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
Using ISO 14001:2015 has many benefits for organizations with environmental management systems EMS implementation. Organizations and companies find that using the standard helps you them with:
- Improve resource efficiency by effective use of resources
- Reduce waste and proper treatment of waste before elimination to environment
- Drive down costs and increases productivity
- Provide assurance that environmental impact is being measured and monitored effectively
- Gain competitive advantage
- Increase new business opportunities globally
- Meet legal obligations of the local authority
- Increase stakeholder and customer trust and build value for your brand
- Improve overall environmental impact
- Manage environmental obligations with consistency
Thus it is right if you and your organization want to demonstrate your commitment to reducing the environmental impact by obtaining ISO 14001 Certification for your Organization. Nearly any business can benefit the environmental issues by achieving certification by ISO 14001 standards. The Environmental Management Systems EMS standard can assure company management, employees, and external stakeholders that potential environmental impacts are being measured and improved continually for the benefit of the ecosystem too. The certification is broad enough to offer significant benefits to organizations as well as the environment in any industry or sector irrespective of their size and nature of business, while still providing a specific framework for implementing relevant sustainable practices followed by the management.
ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION PROCESS
To make the ISO 14001 Certification process simple and quick. Hiring a consultant will guide you and your business through the following steps to achieve ISO 14001 Certification by providing
- Gap Analysis Training
- Documentation & Test Report
- Process Audit
- External Audit
- Certification and beyond