HACCP is a process control system where hazards might occur in the manufacturing process, to prevent the hazards from occurring. By strictly monitoring and controlling stringent actions of the process, there is less chance for hazards to occur.
HACCP is traditionally implied in Food management for the identiﬁcation, assessment, and control of safety hazards. HACCP Certification is more concerned with the product quality associated with personnel safety.
The manufacturing of food has inherent hazards associated with them and any accident or procedure violation may cause illness or injury if not controlled. Additionally, HACCP includes analysis of CCPs and CLs to analyze the assessment of hazards affecting the safety of workers and environmental pollution hazards directly related to the process concerned.
Process validation for all the critical processes related to HACCP Plan follows 7 Principles of HACCP Certification. They are:
- Conduct a hazard analysis and identify preventive measures: Conducting a hazard analysis helps to identify hazards and implement the preventive measures that need to be applied to control the hazards.
- Determine the critical control points (CCPs): Critical control point is a step to prevent or eliminate the hazard or reduce it to an acceptable level.
- Establish target levels and critical limit(s): It is of utmost importance to establish target levels to the minimum level or value to which a CCP must be controlled.
- Establish a system to monitor the CCPs: Various monitoring techniques and processes are used to ensure that the process is under a critical control point.
- Establish the corrective action: In case of any deviation observed corrective action shall be taken.
- Establish procedures to verify that the HACCP Plan is working effectively: Periodic review of HACCP plans helps to verify if the HACCP system is adequate and is working effectively.
- Record Keeping: Establish documentation concerning all procedures to be maintained includes HACCP plan, CCP monitoring records, verification records, etc.
Also, Check >>> HACCP Certification in Maldives
Who performs HACCP?
HACCP Certification shall be performed by functional experts. This helps to bring the knowledge and experience to remove the individual bias if any and provide additional support that is in the manufacturing line of food who wants to develop, produce, quality assurance, regulatory projects.
Why Perform HACCP?
HACCP is a structured approach to analyze, evaluate, prevent, and control the risk or adverse consequence(s) due to hazard(s). HACCP helps to identify the tool that focuses on the prevention of hazards rather than taking corrective action.
Where to perform HACCP?
HACCP Certification might be used to manage risks associated with physical, chemical, and biological hazards. The output of a HACCP analysis is risk management and sufficiently comprehensive to support the identification of critical control points. Additionally, it helps to environment and labor safety.
When to perform HACCP?
HACCP is a proactive technique that is performed during modification, the addition of processes in manufacturing, analysis, transportation, etc. The basic prerequisite of HACCP ensures that basic requirements for effective HACCP like facilities like personal hygiene, training, cleaning and sanitation, documentation, chemical control, pest control, etc. These prove to be a foundation for the implementation of the HACCP Plan.
HACCP Certification process
To make the HACCP Certification process simple and quick hiring a consultant will guide you and your business through the following steps to achieve HACCP Certification by providing and applying these below steps.
- Gap Analysis Training
- Documentation & Test Report
- Process Audit
- External Audit
- Certification and beyond
As explained above in detail, it shall be carried out by a team of cross-functional experts for the implementation of an effective HACCP Plan. All the team members shall be well trained in designing and implementation of 7 Principles of HACCP.