ISO 22000, the worldwide standard for food safety management system, is at present up to date. As one of the main certification bodies for ISO 22000, we will illuminate our customers on priority the standard changes as the amendment stated.
As per the most recent ISO Survey, over 32000 organizations in the food production network presently hold a legitimate ISO 22000 certificate. Since the primary distribution of ISO 22000 out of 2005, how many organizations deciding to execute a food safety management system as per the ISO 22000 standard has developed consistently every year.
During those years, in any case, clients along the inventory network have gained tons of useful knowledge about food safety, however have additionally been gone up against new difficulties. This made a requirement for a full update of the standard as per the need.
The purpose behind the ISO 22000 Revision
With the amendment, the International Organization for Standardization means to:
• Explain key ideas that have created turmoil, like Critical Control Points (CCPs), Operational Prerequisite Programs (OPRPs), and Prerequisite Programs (PRPs).
• Work on the meaningfulness and ease of use of the standard
• Guarantee the standard is pertinent to all entertainers in the food inventory network
• Guarantee the standard suits the necessities of SMEs
• Increment the similarity of ISO 22000 with other management system guidelines, by taking on a typical design and phrasing
Assuming the updated changes as expected, the standard distributed in 2018 as ISO 22000:2018. At the hour of composing, the most recent accessible draft is the Draft International Standard (DIS).
After the distribution in 2018, a progress period for ensured destinations to transit have started. We keep you informed on all changes of the progress interaction as the last distribution moves nearer.
For those who have just executed ISO 22000 Certification, but on the other hand, are ensured to FSSC 22000 too, it merits keeping in mind that the new Version 4 as happened on January 1, 2018. This implies that for those required corrections in a short progression.
ISO 22000:2018 – Changes
The new form of the standard version contains countless minor changes that have been acquainted with incrementing the readability and clearness of the standard. In practice, the greater part of these progressions has close to nothing if any repercussions for the genuine execution of the standard. In any case, in light of the current draft, the amendment likewise presents various changes that are more primary:
• The new form is on the alleged High-Level Structure (HLS), the standard construction for all new management system guidelines. The reception of a typical design all through all standards works with the coordination of different administration frameworks. Clients of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and ISO 45001 as acquainted with this design. In practice, the change of construction made it simpler for organizations to consolidate ISO 22000 Certification with different principles referenced previously.
• As per the progressions in ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015, the new form of ISO 22000 is likewise a risk-based standard. The standard is to recognize hazards at the functional level (through the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Point (HACCP), too at the essential level of the administration framework and its capacity to arrive at its predetermined objectives accordingly.
• The standard currently reliably recognizes two Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycles. The primary applies to the administration framework overall, while the second, inside it, addresses the tasks portrayed in Clause 8, which at the same time covers the HACCP standards.
These changes help ISO 22000 Certification be a customer-oriented standard.